20.9.11

Conversations With God

I'm immersed. Deeply invested and completely enamoured with this book. Books, movies, conversations and everything else that happens, happens because deep inside, we called it forth. Thus was the case with me and this tome.

I heard of the book some years ago, ruffled through a friends copy for a sec but never did I dive into it (ironically, considering I'm such an impulsive bookey.) I knew the power of this book after reading just one page. It's written by Neale Donald Walsch and it's basically A Conversation With God. There are so many nuggets to behold but what I appreciate most is that he (he being God or Neale depending how you view it) allows the reader to forgive themselves for the past pain and judgements, therefore forgiving others. He speaks about the unfortunate act of judging others for their life choices, he speaks of the unrelenting worthlessness that surfaces after a relationship has ended. In this, he reminds us that each relationship is an opportunity to demonstrate what we already know. 

"Relationships are constantly challenging; constantly calling you to create, express, and experience higher and higher aspects of yourself, grander and grander visions of yourself, ever more magnificent versions of yourself." 

I was gifted this book a few weeks ago and I cannot put it down. It's like a little antidote that answers all of the puzzling, life-questions we tackle. Ultimately the book encourages us to Be Who We Really Are. Underneath the veil of who we think we should be lies our true nature. We call it forth when we break down the self-installed barriers.
The previously mentioned relationship chapter was good but one of my favorite chapters is the chapter on money. In this chapter he (God) explains that our money issues are initially our thought issues -it always goes back to old ways of thinking. Whatever the thought process we grew up with, "Money doesn't grow on trees" or "Money is the root of all evil" or "There's not enough money to go around." I'm sure you can recall the money-woes you've grown up with. After reading this, I am learning to accept that it really does start with the way you think. In regards to money, he states...

"Your mind is right now filled with old thoughts, but mostly someone else's old thoughts. It's important now, it's time now, to change your mind about some things. This is what evolution is all about."

Amen to that!

My statement from The Alchemist reigns...

When you're ready for something, all the Universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.

I was certainly ready for this book and timing is everything (and nothing at the same time).

Pick it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment