25.7.11

Saturn Returns

In astrology, the Saturn return is described as influencing a person's life development around age 29 or 30. Saturn takes 29 years to make a complete orbit around the sun. This cycle describes the first maturation and the structure of a person's life. I learned of Saturn returns a few years ago. I then began to see the effect of Saturn's orbit on my life.

As I've mentioned before, it takes me awhile to get things. Where you may be quick to get a joke or analogy, I'm admittedly, a little slow on the draw. In full disclosure (and a great level of self-credit) I was a corporate gal throughout my twenties and living in this bubble allowed me to whiz through life unaware. Lately, I've studied the effects of a 40-day Sadhana (Spiritual Voyage). In looking forward, I can't help but look back.

I am confident that my Saturn returns appeared later than most. In fact, at 37 years old, I have just crossed a major period in life. How do I know? Well...there is a certain level of calm that appears when I consider am emotion that would previously cause anxiety. I spent a few years blaming others for what they did or didn't do to me. Today, I realize that everyone (including me) was doing the best they could. I'm also able to clearly see my future and I understand that I can do anything (and not in a surreal Superman way). 

In my life, my twenties and thirties were opposite. I was career girl in my twenties. I made a lot of money, purchased my first house and climbed the corporate ladder. At 32, I decided to go back to school, and thus, my spiral began. I lived a young, reckless life, traveling the world and spent money with abandon. I also fell in love a few times and slowly climbed my way out of my broken sinkhole. The lesson here...it's not about "Falling" in love. Why would anyone want to "Fall" anywhere? (I learned that from Jane Fonda). To sum it all up: I refused to see my power and allowed life to float by without me jumping in and taking control.

Lately my perspective has dramatically shifted. Contrary to my own denial, I'm not the girl that sits around cleaning the house. I could never be a house-wife. I hate cleaning my house! Cooking is fun, but going out to eat at a new restaurant is funner! And, hey, I like shoes. Correct that...I LOVE shoes!

Most importantly, I love myself in a way that I hadn't realized and when you do, you attract those that love themselves just as much. What a marriage. 

So Saturn returns, I see you. I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment