18.5.11

Another "Oprah says..."


You know I'm an Oprah fan. TV was changed when Oprah decided to follow her heart and speak from a place of "honoring the human in front of you." I've learned so much over the past few years (and I haven't watched that many episodes.) I've simply been enlightened by her courage and generous sharing of knowledge.



Because of Oprah, I became enamoured with Eckhart Tolle and the idea of "A New Earth." Amazing book, amazing podcast, amazing life- changing event. However, while watching Oprah duke it out with Iyanla Vanzant (which was clearly one-sided. I love me some Oprah, but she owed Iyanla an apology as well.) Anywho, I digress.




While watching the episode, Oprah had a comment/ quote that struck a nerve for me, "If you don't want me, you are free to go." What?! So often we hold onto people who prove to us- through their words or actions- that they don't want us. We hold onto them because we are emotionally attached or afraid of letting go. But hearing this made me think of circumstances in my own life when I've fought for someone that just didn't want me. Unfortunately it happened one too many times. "If you don't want me, you are free to go." There is such power in this statement, such self-reverence. When we honor ourselves first, the universe conspires. However, if we refuse to see the blatant reality, the truth that this person doesn't want you, we keep ourselves buried in the muck and mire and who will EVER be respected by fighting for someone that has obviously moved on. 



Painful, but true. At the end of the day...you win. You win yourself. It's hard to swallow: the rejection, but after the rain there's always a beautiful sunshine. I promise. I learned the hard way. But I know this is true...you win. So take back your power and let them go.

No comments:

Post a Comment