2.12.10

Santa Baby,

If you really want to know what I want for Xmas...here it is. I realized, a few months ago that I own very few cookbooks. You know the kind that stay in your family long after your children are older? The kind of cookbooks your mom has, that are missing the cover, have syrup stains throughout the pages and have half the pages ripped out, yet still tucked in the book? Yeah, I'm missing that kind.

You may not be aware, Dear Santa, that I am a HUGE Cooking channel fan! My TV forever stays on this channel. In fact, I canceled Showtime and HBO because they bore me in comparison to the Cooking network. Nigella Lawson is hands down, my favorite chef. Probably because she makes such a mess in the kitchen (like me), theres a certain familiarity to her simplistic style of cooking the most delicious looking, yet basic meals. Well, today, as I was perusing the aisles of Barnes and Noble, I noticed this antidote she recently released. I was in awe of the thickness of the book and the multiple recipes included. Like a kid in a candy store, I was hooked. However, I wasn't shopping for myself today. I was there to purchase a book for P. Although she recently got a Kindle. I'm not a fan. I enjoy the feel of a book in my hands, the smell of new or old pages present the comforting aroma of a library, I love folding the cover over and diving right into a book. Things you just can't get with a Kindle. I digress...

Anywho, this Nigella book would be my family cookbook. I'd have it forever and ever and ever and always use it (In my 12 year old voice). So, thank you in advance Santa Baby.

I might even bake cookies and sit them under the tree for you (wink).

No comments:

Post a Comment